ACS is proud to present Team D.I.R.T’s CyanogenMod 9 port to the EVO 4G by mazdarider23. What, you say? That phone is still around? Despite being EOL’ed and having a release almost two years ago, it’s still alive and kicking very much so (even I’m still rocking one).
CyanogenMod 9 is an Android 4.0 ICS AOSP ROM without any Sense whatsoever. It has all of the goodies that CM9 brings, slimmed down to a snappy, responsive, and highly customizable package.
Per the ROM’s post in the ACS Forums:
Team D.I.R.T CM9v1.0
- Removed cobalt theme
- Removed goomanager
- Removed quicksearchbox.apk
- Removed videoeditor.apk
- Removed video folder in system/media
- Removed extra languages from the majority of the system apps
- Removed a few notification tones and ringtones
- Optimized ogg files inside system/media/audio folder
- Applied framework mod (turned gb green pngs into ics blue)
- Changed power widget icons
- Edited hosts file so you can enjoy your apps adfree
- Deleted LatinIME.apk alont with the libjni_latinime.so
- Replaced LatinIME.apk with market ICS keyboard to save space and to work well with On Screen Buttons
- Included Gapps (no need for an extra flash)
- Baked in A2SD (cache moved to sdcard by default)
- Baked in Mason v0.14 ICS HWA SBC FSO Kernel
- NO 4G
- NO FFC
- Native Camcorder does not record (use Videocam illusion)
jmztaylor | Cyanogen and his team | preludedrew | atyoung | Papa Smurf151 | VLLWP | Darktremor | dsixda | tommytomatoe | rapmv78And all of the beta testers over at Tincandroid and everyone that supports me and keeps me going!
Download the ROM >>>HERE<<<.
Let ACS know what you think, leave Comments Below.
In Android Creative Syndicate’s efforts to provide you, the reader with full and correct information in a timely manner, there is always a possibility of admitting a mistake. If you see anything wrong or incomplete please let ACS know immediately.
Thank you, in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
In Android Creative Syndicate’s effort to provide you with full and correct information in a timely manner, there is always a possibility of admitting a mistake. If you see anything incorrect or incomplete please notify us in the comment section so it may be rectified. Some content, including images and text used in this post are used for demonstration and informational purposes and may be copyrighted. All images, ®, and ™ are copyright their respective owners. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.