artifintel here with the best news any owner of a Samsung Admire could hear, the venerable ClockworkMod recovery has been ported to work on this device! A big thanks goes out to ACS developers mysteryemotionz, shabbypenguin and SuigintouLain. Without these guys none of this would be possible. I know you guys and girls are chomping at the bit, so let’s get this out of the way:
In no way is ACS, any said developers herein or me, for that matter, are responsible for any damage and/or bricking your device. Do your own research and reading before attempting any modifications! I flashed this recovery to all 3 of my admires in under 10 minutes, this procedure works in Windows 7, any failure is from not reading and following directions! Let’s do this….
GO HERE for downloads
1. Download ODIN
2. Download OPS file
3. Download CWM
4. Download drivers
5. Create new folder and call it whatever you want, extract ODIN here and place the OPS and CWM files in here as well. This makes it easy to find everything.
6. Open drivers and install, if you don’t understand, you probably shouldn’t be attempting this yet.
7. Put your Admire in download mode, disconnect USB and pull battery. Put battery back in and press volume down, camera and power. Count to 3 and release, you should see instructions saying press volume up to continue, do so. This is not easy, keep trying, you’ll get it.
8. Open device manager and make sure your computer recognizes your device.
9. Go to the folder you created and double-click the ODIN downloader, this should start ODIN.
10. Make sure you have a yellow “com” box, if not, you did something wrong, start over.
11. In the downloader select OPS file and when prompted, CWM file in your new folder.
12. Now, press start. You should see some action in the top left corner of the downloader, when it says done, you’re done! Congratulations!
13. Disconnect USB and pull battery. Put battery back in, press volume down, back and power buttons. Release when you see CWM.
14. Navigate recovery with volume buttons, scroll down to back up/restore, select back up using the home button for selections.
Well, there you have it, CWM recovery and your first nandroid back up. Don’t forget to visit our Admire forums and thank our developers! This has been an exclusive ACS Production brought to you by your “Expert in Android”, artifintel, keeping you on the bleeding edge of technology!
Let ACS know what you think, leave Comments Below.
In Android Creative Syndicate’s effort to provide you with full and correct information in a timely manner, there is always a possibility of admitting a mistake. If you see anything incorrect or incomplete please notify us in the comment section so it may be rectified. Some content, including images and text used in this post are used for demonstration and informational purposes and may be copyrighted. All images, ®, and ™ are copyright their respective owners. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.