Team Win Recovery Project – New Release 2.1 (Touch)
Team Win has, like many teams, gone through some changes over the last 6 months. It seems they have lost none of their touch (no pun intended) by making touch based recoveries for our wonderful devices and increasing support for more devices as they go. Over the last few months they’ve managed to add 4 new devices to the support line up; notably the Galaxy Nexus CDMA/GSM and the HTC Evo 3D. There have been many fixes to bring this project to the 2.1.2 release up from the 2.0 release many moons ago.
What’s New in Build 2.1
The Changelog for TWRP 2.1 is fairly hefty, but it documents some great functionality that’s been added into the mix. We’ve filtered the improvements by category to make it easier to understand just how much improvement has taken place with this release.
- Zip files may be queued for less interactive installation (i.e. ROM, Kernel, GApps)
- Dual Storage Capable – Backup, Restore, or Install from either internal or external storage
- Slider control – swipe to confirm major tasks such as wiping data or installing zip files
- Lock Screen – protects your recovery session from accidental button presses
- Basic file manager functionality – Copy, move, delete, and chmod any file
- Support added for devices with /data/media (Honeycomb and ICS devices)
- Support added for the following phones: Acer Iconia Tab A500, HTC Vivid, Motorola Defy, Galaxy Nexus Toro, Galaxy Nexus Maguro
- Displays sizes of each partition in the backup menu
- Added listbox GUI element (currently used for listing time zones)
- Updated stock XML layouts to be more consistent and easier to port to different resolutions
- XML layout files are significantly smaller
- Partitions available backup are more accurate for some devices
- Removed unneeded error messages (/misc errors, unable to stat sd-ext, etc.)
- Fixed a bug with blkid detection code
- Fixed bug where a blank line was inserted between every line of text during zip installs
- Fixed a bug during zip installs where an invalid zip would cause TWRP to get stuck in the zip install
- Added setting for themers to toggle simulation mode to make theming easier
- Added support for .jpg images in the theme engine
- Changed images for stock tablet theme – makes tablet builds about 500KB smaller
- Removed unneeded non-GUI images from GUI – makes all builds about 100KB smaller
Now this is an abridged version of the newest change log. You can check the full version out and download what you need for your device >>>HERE<<<.
Get this while it’s hot. Galaxy Nexus CDMA/GSM support recently added as full fledged recoveries flashable from your current recovery. I’m loving it. As I am typing this, I flashed the new TWRP2 onto my Gnex, I’m totally jazzed! Oh yeah, did I mention it is stupid fast? Well, it is incredibly fast, super functional, you can theme it to reflect your own personal style, it’s just an outrageous experience. If you haven’t tried it yet, you need to! Thanks TeamWin!!!
Sources Info: TeamWin, Google Images
Let ACS know what you think, leave Comments Below.
In Android Creative Syndicate’s efforts to provide you, the reader with full and correct information in a timely manner, there is always a possibility of admitting a mistake. If you see anything wrong or incomplete please let ACS know immediately.
Thank you, in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
In Android Creative Syndicate’s effort to provide you with full and correct information in a timely manner, there is always a possibility of admitting a mistake. If you see anything incorrect or incomplete please notify us in the comment section so it may be rectified. Some content, including images and text used in this post are used for demonstration and informational purposes and may be copyrighted. All images, ®, and ™ are copyright their respective owners. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.